IT'S TIME THAT YOU START LISTENING!



As I woke up this morning, a bad memory flashed into view. It's something awful that always puts me into deep pain and fear.
Not too long ago.. There was a bomb blast in the locality I live.. It took away life's of few innocents.. And left behind painful scars for many. Even before the scars could heel and fade away,  there was another devastating incident which took the city by storm. It claimed the life of a mother, injured few and left the others in trauma.
The question that keeps taunting me is.. 
Where is this world going to?  This cruelty, hatred, greed, How did it find us? Do we have a name for this darkness that is breeding inside us..??
Someone once said, We would soon reach a time, where we send our children into the world like we send young men to the war..  Hoping for their safe return, knowing that we would lose some of them along the way... And today we have reached that world.  We have reached the time where we are obsessed with our own desires and go to any extent to take what is ours and not bother  whom we hurt along the way!
When did we lose our way?  When did we let the darkness take over us? Did it consume us... Or did we seek it out and embrace it with our lives?? Is there still even a slightest reason to believe that humanity exists among us?
Every time I think of this distressing event, I find no reason to believe that we are still 'being humans'. There is no reason left for me to believe that it's going to get better after each day. But still something keeps pushing me, a voice that constantly says I should never give up believing, it always echoes that I should hold on to the little hope stuck in some corner of my heart.
This voice constantly keeps echoing within all of us. Every time you are losing hope, or giving up on something, or  when you tend to do something that you shouldn't ...it echoes. It's like a warning alarm. It's like a guide within us. But most of the time we tend to ignore it. We get so easily carried away by the things around us that we have forgotten to listen and do what our hearts say. Probably if the person behind causing these awful events had given just one minute and listened to his heart, we wouldn't have lost our dreams, our dear ones, our lives.
I don't know whether am trying to question things for which answers are unknown or am trying to make a judgment.. Or trying to find an answer for the innocent souls who left for no fault of theirs.. Or maybe I am just too confused and lost a midst this darkness! But whatever it maybe, whether or not am going to find an answer for my questions, I surely have got reminded of something that I had forgotten to do. To LISTEN. To listen to the voice of my heart.
With a hope that soon things would change and we get to live and give our generations to come to live, in a world that is whole lot better than today, I wish that I wake up for a better tomorrow.


Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. We all will have to live with the fear of facing the dreadful tomorrow, unless each one of us don't play our part in changing this world to a better place. we all wish to wake up for a better tomorrow.

    wonderful blog :) keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete